ShareX is a program that makes it easy to upload screenshots and share them with your friends. If you follow these instructions, you will end up with fully functional screenshot automation.
ShareX is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.0 All relevant legal information can be found here
Your URL needs to be set up:
[isabell@stardust ~]$ uberspace web domain list isabell.uber.space [isabell@stardust ~]$
Installing and configuring the Windows client¶
Go to your Windows PC and download the ShareX software from the ShareX Website. Start the installer and follow the instructions.
Open ShareX and navigate to “Destinations settings ‣ FTP / FTPS / SFTP” Now click “Add” to create a new destination for our pictures. Now write the following in the corresponding fields.
Make sure to replace “isabell” in the next step with your own username!
Name: IMG Uberspace Protocol: SFTP Host: stardust.uberspace.de Username: $ssh_user Password: $ssh_password Remote directory: /var/www/virtual/isabell/html/img/%y/%mo/%d URL path: https://isabell.uber.space
The two checkboxes should be unchecked! You can now close the “Destination settings” window.
To setup your Workflow do the following:
- Navigate to “Destinations ‣ Image Uploader” and check FTP.
- Navigate to “After Capture tasks” and be sure to activate “Open in image editor”, “Save image to file” and finally “Upload image to host”.
- Navigate to “After upload tasks” and be sure to activate “Copy URL to clipboard”.
Now it’s time to setup your Hotkeys:
Navigate to “Destinations ‣ Hotkeys” then do the following:
- Remove all Hotkeys.
- Click “Add”
- Select “Task: None” and navigate to: “Screen capture ‣ capture region”
- Close the Task settings window and click on None and press your Hotkey (for example “PRINT SCREEN”)
- Press the configured hotkey
- Make a screenshot
- If needed, edit your screenshot in the popup window. Then press “enter” to upload your screenshot and copy the corresponding URL to your clipboard.
That’s it, you have successfully configured an automatically uploading screenshot tool with your own domain!
Tested with ShareX ?, Uberspace ?Written by: Spacelord <email@example.com>